Teacher application in Thailand.
TEACHER APPLICATION – These are the requirements you might need in case you wanted to apply a teaching job in Thailand.
The number of Filipino teachers in Thailand continues to increase every year. This is because of a higher salary compared to schools in Philippines and a cheaper lifestyle. Moreover, one gets to visit foreign places.
These are the types of schools in Thailand and their approximate compensation:
- Public and Private Schools: 30,000 – 40,000 TBH/month or Php 51,332.89 – Php 68,443.85
- International Schools: 60,000-115,000 TBH/month or Php 102,665.77 – Php 196,776.06
- Language Centers and Private Tutoring: 300-500 TBH/hr or Php 513.33 to Php 855.55
And here are some requirements you must know if you want to land a teaching job in Thailand:
- Bachelor’s Degree Diploma or Higher
This is the most important of all. One must finish a 4-year course and in applying in Thailand, you have to present a diploma
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) Certification
This is not an actual legal requirement to teach in Thailand but this is considered as a qualifier. This is most especially helpful if you have no teaching experience prior.
- Non-Immigrant Business “B” Visa
This is important because a tourist visa strictly states “Employment Prohibited”. However, you are most likely to go on Thailand with tourist Visa and would just turn to B Visa later on and a work permit to teach.
Moreover, before going to Thailand, be sure to have an extra amount in your pocket that will last for a couple of months. Always look presentable and respect the local culture as per Blond Travels.
- CLASSROOM TIPS – Essential Back-To-School Classroom Supplies
- TEACHER ROLES – What Are The Roles Of A Teacher In A Classroom?
- CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT TIPS – Effective Strategies For Teachers
What can you say about this? Let us know!