What are the different brain conditions?
BRAIN CONDITIONS – Here are the various types of brain conditions that we must be aware of in terms of the health state of human brain.
Playing a major role in our body is the human brain which is made up of a large mass of nerve tissue enclosed inside the skull. Some of its functions include processing sensory information, regulating blood pressure and breathing, and releasing hormones.
And if you are disregarding your brain’s health, here are some conditions we might obtain:
- Headache – There various types of this and some can be serious but this can be generally treated with painkillers.
- Stroke (brain infarction) – This is when the blood flow and oxygen get interrupted caused mostly by blood clot.
- Brain aneurysm – This is when a developed weak area in the artery swells.
- Subdural hematoma – It may cause neurological problems due to bleeding within or under the dura.
- Epidural hematoma – This is when bleeding happens between the dura and the skull itself.
- Intracerebral hemorrhage – Bleeding inside the brain.
- Concussion – An injury wherein the brain function gets disturbed temporarily.
- Cerebral edema – Swelling of the brain.
- Brain tumor – Abnormal growth of tissue in the brain.
- Glioblastoma – An aggressive, malignant brain tumor which is hard to be treated.
- Hydrocephalus – Abnormal increase of brain fluid inside the skull.
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus – A form of hydrocephalus.
- Meningitis – This is where the lining around the brain or the spinal cord gets inflamed from an infection.
- Encephalitis – An inflammation of brain tissue where fever, headache, and confusion as symptoms.
- Traumatic brain injury – This is a permanent brain damage.
- Parkinson’s disease – Slow degeneration of nerves in brain’s central area resulting to problems in movement and coordination based on WebMD.
- Huntington’s disease – A nerve disorder that affects the brain which is inherited.
- Epilepsy – One is experiencing seizures to which most cause is unidentified.
- Dementia – Alcohol abuse and strokes cause dementia.
- Alzheimer’s disease – This is the most common form of dementia.
- Brain abscess – An infection of brain caused by bacteria.
- HEART CONDITIONS – Different Heart Conditions You Don’t Know Yet
- LIVER CONDITIONS – Different Liver Conditions We Should Be Aware Of
- KIDNEY CONDITIONS – Different Types Of Kidney Conditions We Must Know
What can you say about this? Let us know!