Liver conditions that we should be aware of.
LIVER CONDITIONS – Here are the various types of liver conditions that you probably don’t know about and never heard of yet.
Placed in the upper right part of the belly (abdomen) is the liver. This is also beneath the diaphragm and on top of the stomach, right kidney, and intestines. And we can’t possibly live without this organ.
This organ is responsible of the following functions:
- bile production which carry away wastes and breaks down fats in small intestine during the digestions process
- regulates blood levels of amino acids
- clearing the blood of drugs and other poisonous substances
- regulates blood clotting
- resists infections
And if the liver is not taken care well, here are some possible conditions might obtain:
- Hepatitis – This is an inflammation caused by viruses like hepatitis A, B, and C and non-infectious causes such heavy drinking, drugs, allergic reactions, or obesity.
- Cirrhosis – This condition makes the liver not function well and this is a long-term damage.
- Liver cancer – This occurs after presence of cirrhosis.
- Liver failure – It has a lot of causes including infection, genetic diseases, and excessive alcohol.
- Ascites – This is a result of cirrhosis where it releases the fluid called ascites to belly.
- Gallstones – Its symptoms include severe and sudden pain in the upper right abdomen and might be extended to the upper back, fever, shivering, severe nausea, vomiting, yellowing of skin and eyes, and among others.
- Hemochromatosis – This is a disorder where too much iron builds up in the body.
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis – This is a rare long-term progressive disease with unknown causes characterized by inflammation and scarring in bile ducts.
- Primary biliary cirrhosis – This disease slowly destroys the liver causing bile and other toxins to build up in it as per WebMD.
- KIDNEY CONDITIONS – Different Types Of Kidney Conditions We Must Know
- LIVER HEALTH – Here Are Some Foods Good For Your Liver
- HEART HEALTH – Simple Ways On How To Keep Your Heart Healthy
What can you say about this? Let us know!