Steps on How To Apply for LTO Driver’s License Professional
LTO DRIVER’S LICENSE PROFESSIONAL – Here are the steps on how to apply for a professional license in driving to the Land Transportation Office (LTO).
In the Philippines, the government agency that issues driving documents is the Land Transportation Office or more commonly called LTO. It is in charged for issuing LTO student permits and LTO Driver’s License.
The LTO issues two kinds of driver’s license to the public – Professional Driver’s License and Non-Professional Driver’s License. They differ in terms of vehicles that the owner of the license is allowed to drive.
For the Non-Professional License, a driver can drive vehicles with gross weights not more than 4500 kilograms. Drivers with a Professional License in driving may drive any type of vehicle.
Do you want to apply for an LTO Driver’s License Professional? There are some qualifications.
Based on the official website of the Land Transportation Office (LTO), here is a list of the qualifications set for the Professional License in driving:
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years old;
- Must be physically and mentally fit to operate a motor vehicle (or work, in the case of applications for Conductor’s License);
- Must be able to read and write Filipino, English or the applicable local dialect;
- For RC 1,2,4 and 6 – must be a holder of valid Student Permit (SP) issued at least six (6) months prior to the application.
For RC 3,5,7 and 8 – must be a holder of valid Non-Professional Driver’s License (NPDL) at least one (1) year prior to the application or PDL holder with RC 1,2,4 and 6 for a period of at least six (6) months prior to the application.
- Must not have been cited for two (2) or more counts of reckless driving during the period of validity of his/her existing license; and
- In addition, for foreigners, the applicant must have been in the Philippines for at least one (1) month with proof that he/she will stay in the country for at least one (1) year from date of application and is allowed to work herein.
If you pass all the qualifications set by the Office for LTO Driver’s License Professional eligibility, you may then proceed to apply for the license. Here are the steps on how to apply:
Step 1 – Prepare all the requirements needed in applying for a professional Driver’s License. To see what are the documents that you should prepare, visit – Professional Driver’s License Requirements.
Step 2 – Go to an LTO office and obtain an Application for Driver’s License (ADL) Form. Provide accurate and factual information to the form.
Step 3 – Submit the duly-accomplished form to the receiving personnel of LTO. The staff will check your qualification and the documents you submitted.
Step 4 – If there is no any problem with your qualification, form, and other requirements, you will be asked to proceed for a photo and signature taking.
Step 5 – Pay the required LTO Driver’s License Professional processing fee at the cashier. Visit –
Step 6 – Undergo written examinations.
Step 7 – If you passed the written exam, wait for the release of your PDL License Card. Write your name and sign on the Released Form of the Land Transportation Office.
We’re pleased to have helped you on your inquiry regarding the process in applying for a professional Driver’s License to LTO. Thank you for visiting us. Rest assured we’ll continue to post informative updates.