Here’s how to write an Invitation Letter to invite someone to be a guest speaker.
INVITATION LETTER SAMPLE – Here are some guides and tips in writing a formal invitation letter to someone you would want as a guest speaker.
In every event, a speaker is really important. The play a significant role in giving a talk or workshop and their contribution to a certain conference or show. And with, as a formal communication to invite someone is an invitation letter.
The letter reflects the value of person or organization writing it. It must be easy to read, respectful and clear. The letter must contain all the information the invited guest must need to know to make a decision.
Here are some tips that can serve as checklist to create an excellent invitation letter:
- Double check to avoid wrong spelling and inappropriate uses of punctuation and grammar.
- Indicate details about the even and what he or she can contribute as a speaker. Make sure to make no mistakes with this one.
- Clearly mention who is hosting the event and for what occasion.
- Be sure to use the correct recipient addresses.
- Be formal in your tone of voice.
- Provide ontact details should anyone want to ask you anything further.
(See correct format here: Business Sample Letter Format, Tips, and Guide)
Check out a sample below:
Dear Mr./Ms./Mrs. [insert name]:
We are pleased to invite you to the [name of event] which is scheduled to happen on [insert date] at [insert venue]. This event will be [state the purpose and details of the event and why you will need his or her presence and how he or she can contribute].
The event’s deliberations will be on the following themes:
– [Theme 1]
– [Theme 2]
– [Theme 3]
It is an honor and privilege to invite you to participate in this event as a guest speaker. We believe that your expertise in this field will make a great contribution and be of benefit to many people.
We look forward to a positive confirmation. Please don’t hesitate to contact [contact person’s name] at [contact details].
What can you say about this? Let us know!