An Interpol red notice has been issued against Atong Ang.
Fugitive businessman Atong Ang is still at large, and recently, an Interpol red notice has been issued against him.
Previously, businessman Charlie “Atong” Ang did not attend the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) preliminary investigation into one of the “sabungero” cases involving the missing cockfight enthusiasts in the Manila Arena. Ang is being accused as the mastermind behind the missing sabungeros case.

DOJ spokesperson Polo Martinez said the Philippine National Police–Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (PNP-CIDG) had earlier requested the reopening of the preliminary investigation. The basis was the affidavit of Patidongan. The reopening aims to identify the previously unidentified “John Does.”
To recall, the cockfighting enthusiasts went missing many years ago, and up until now, they remain unfound. Julie “Dondon” Patidongan, the whistleblower who identified himself as “Totoy,” claimed that the sabungeros are now dead and were thrown into Taal Lake.
Ang is facing kidnapping and homicide complaints in connection with the disappearance of dozens of cockfighting enthusiasts, or “sabungeros.” He is now being considered a fugitive, and in the latest, the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) said that an International Criminal Police Organization (Interpol) red notice has been issued against him.
“Yes. It was issued by Interpol headquarters this week,” DILG Secretary Jonvic Remulla confirmed in a text message. An Interpol Red Notice is an international alert asking law enforcement agencies to find and temporarily detain an individual sought for prosecution.
His defense team has consistently denied the allegations, insisting that Ang had no role in the disappearance and deaths of the missing sabungeros in Manila, Laguna, and Batangas. The fugitive businessman was reportedly seen in the Philippines last week but managed to evade arrest, Remulla said on Monday.
What can you say about this? Let us know in the comments!