Paolo Duterte Dares Bongbong Marcos To Return Alleged Loot from Government Funds?

Davao Cong. Paolo Duterte Reacts To Supposed Massive Corruption in PH Gov’t

PAOLO DUTERTE – The Davao Congressman called on “Zaldy Co, Martin, Sandro, Baby Em” to return alleged loot from the government funds.

Thousands of Filipinos went out and joined the street protests last September 21 called as the “Trillion Peso March” to call for an end to corruption. The people demand accountability from the government after several senators, congressmen, and officials of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) were tagged in the supposed multi-billion flood control corruption.

Trillion Peso March
Photo Courtesy of PhilStar

Another rally is set to be held tomorrow, November 30. Amid the flood control investigation, President Bongbong Marcos previously vowed that he will finish the issue as he was the one who initiated the probe. He also previously announced the issuance of arrest warrants against Zaldy Co and several others.

Interior Secretary Jonvic Remulla said all those who will be found guilty in the supposed flood control corruption will be jailed on 2026. According to him, the administration of Marcos Jr. remains committed in its pursuit for accountability.

Jonvic Remulla

Recently, Pres. Bongbong Marcos announced that one of the accused in the flood control issue, former DPWH chief engineer Henry Alcantara, allegedly vowed to return P110 million to the government. The President also claimed that Alcantara supposedly promised to return P200 million more within two (2) weeks.

Bongbong Marcos Jr.
Photo Courtesy of The Filipino Times

Following the statement of Marcos Jr., Davao 1st District Congressman Paolo Duterte issued a statement on social media. The eldest son of former Pres. Rodrigo Roa Duterte stressed that the alleged corruption in the Philippine government is supposed billions but they will only return millions.

“So ganito na pala ngayon, magnanakaw ng bilyones tapos ibalik ang milyones pag nahuli — pero huwag sabihin magkano talaga at sino ang boss mo. Hindi kami tanga. Hindi ka makaipon ng ₱110 million nang ikaw lang. May padrino, may protector, may financier,” Duterte said.

Furthermore, Davao Cong. Paolo Duterte also stated in his post that the big fish in the supposed massive corruption in the Philippine government are allegedly quiet and unseen. He also dared some individuals to return their supposed loot from the government.

“Kung totoong seryoso sila sa ‘anti-corruption,’ sila Zaldy Co, Martin, Sandro, Baby Em at ang buong barkada ng mga budget manipulators — baka naman gustong magbalik ng ‘kanilang part’ sa kaban ng bayan? Para patas,” the Davao Congressman said.

Paolo Duterte 2
Photo Source: Inquirer

Based on th post, Davao Cong. Paolo Duterte also wrote that if the big fishes in the supposed massive corruption in the country won’t be revealed, this is allegedly not reform but a “damage control” to supposedly save the “mastermind”.

Recently, countless Filipinos were shocked and left in doubts by the recent claim of Navotas Cong. Toby Tiangco that he believes that Marcos Jr. is allegedly not involved in the flood control corruption in the country.

Leave a Comment