Bongbong Marcos Orders Immediate Suspension of All SONA Preparations

Pres. Bongbong Marcos Dismayed by Continued Preparations for SONA amid Habagat Onslaught

BONGBONG MARCOS – The President ordered the immediate suspension of all the preparations related to his upcoming 4th State of the Nation Address (SONA).

Several areas in the Philippines were left in deep flood amid the ongoing wrath of the Southwest Monsoon or Habagat in the country. There were areas wherein evacuation was called for among the residents due to the danger posed by the bad weather.

Floodwaters

The Department of Interior and Local Government or DILG has recently acquired the authority to make “walang pasok” announcements as previously requested by Interior Secretary Jonvic Remulla to Pres. Bongbong Marcos. He claimed that a systematic decision on the suspension of classes can pave the way for an accurate and timely move in suspending classes and work for the safety of the people during inclement weather conditions.

Amid the impact of the Habagat in the Philippines, the Filipino people are looking forward to the 4th SONA of Pres. Bongbong Marcos on July 28. However, based on a report on GMA News, the Chief Executive is dismayed that preparations for the annual event are ongoing despite some areas of the country battling the wrath of the Southwest Monsoon.

Bongbong Marcos
Photo Courtesy of The Diplomat

Based on the report, reports that some personnel of the government continue to put up materials for the upcoming 4th SONA of Marcos Jr. did not sit well with the President. Through a statement, the Office of the Executive Secretary announced the immediate suspension of all SONA-related preparations.

Lucas Bersamin Is New Executive Secretary
Photo Credit: Philippine Star

In the statement released by the office of Executive Sec. Lucas Bersamin, the Department of Public Works and Highways, together with the concerned agencies, are ordered to focus on response to flooding incidents and relief operations. Based on the report, it is also stated that the President wants all efforts to focus on public safety.

Ahead of the annual address, Vice Pres. Sara Duterte confirmed that she will skip the 4th SONA of Pres. Bongbong Marcos. If it happens, it will be the second time around that the Vice President is no show to the said annual event.

According to Duterte, she will meet with the Filipinos in South Korea. Despite her office’s response to the invitation, the House Secretary General said they will still reserve a seat for the Vice President.

Bato dela Rosa
Photo Courtesy of GMA News

Aside from the Vice President, known Duterte-ally Senator Bato dela Rosa also claimed that he will skip the 4th SONA of Marcos Jr.

1 thought on “Bongbong Marcos Orders Immediate Suspension of All SONA Preparations”

  1. Good move Mr. President BBM! it really shows how you care for the country and the people in need amidst this bad weather and flooding. and for sara and bato… we dont want to see bad blood with evil intentions in the SONA.. the likes of yours are not needed! you dont deserve to be in the government.

    Reply

Leave a Comment