1 Dead, 11 Hospitalized Over Food Poisoning after Eating Lechon in Cebu

11 Cebu Folks Hospitalized Over Alleged Food Poisoning After Eating Lechon

Eleven (11) individuals were rushed to the hospital while one (1) died due to alleged food poisoning after eating lechon in Cebu.

According to the police investigation, Ryan Alquizer, a construction worker, died as a result of “bad” lechon. Aside from Alquizer, 11 other people who ate the lechon were sent to the hospital in Pinamungajan, Cebu, for possible food illness.

Cebu Lechon Food Poisoning

According to the report, Alquizar and a certain Jerry Pasignajen purchased pig lechon from their site manager. They each brought one kg of lechon home to feed their individual families.

Those who had eaten felt worse afterward, so they were sent to the Pinamungajan District Hospital. According to Maj Gelfred Baroman, chief of the Pinamungajan Police Station, Alquizar also felt quite weak till he died in the hospital the same day.

The results of the laboratory testing on the victims are awaited to ascertain whether or not the victims were poisoned. According to a different report on GMA News’ report, people who ate lechon had stomach aches, vomiting, and diarrhea. The victim’s remains will be autopsied as well.

READ ALSO: Furparent Reacts to Cat’s Mouse-Hunting Skills: “Anak ginugutom ba kita?”

What are your thoughts on this article? Just feel free to leave your reactions in the comment section.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. We aim to give the freshest and in-demand content to our visitors. Come back next time at Philnews for more updated news.

1 thought on “1 Dead, 11 Hospitalized Over Food Poisoning after Eating Lechon in Cebu”

  1. Lechon cebu is my favorite lechon ever.i think,i should be careful eating not just lechon but also other pork dishes!


Leave a Comment