Phivolcs Releases Bulletin about the Earthquake Today in Zamboanga del Sur, May 15, 2023
EARTHQUAKE TODAY – The Phivolcs recorded a 4.9 magnitude quake in Tabina, Zamboanga del Sur today, Monday, May 15, 2023.
Following the 7.3 magnitude earthquake that jolted a part of Davao Occidental a few weeks ago, another strong quake was recorded by the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs). The quake hit a part of Zamboanga del Sur. According to the agency, it had a magnitude of 4.9.
The earthquake that struck Zamboanga del Sur, today, Monday, May 15, 2023, at 08:44 p.m. was tectonic in origin. It specifically hit Tabina.
According to Phivolcs, the earthquake that hit a part of Zamboanga del Sur was located at 07.44°North, 123.55°East – 015 km South 79° East of Tabina. It had a depth of focus of 012 kilometers.
Phivolcs stated in its bulletin that damages are not expected from the said quake as well as aftershocks. According to the quake-recording bureau, the following intensities were felt in these areas:
- Intensity I
- Zamboanga City
- Iligan City
- Intensity II
- Kumalarang, Dumingag, and Bayog, Zamboanga, del Sur
- Dipolog, Polanco, Katipunan, and Leon B. Postigo, Zamboanga del Norte
- Cotabato City
- Intensity III
- Tigbao, Sominot, Josefina, Ramon Magsaysay, and Pitogo, Zamboanga del Sur
- Liloy, Tampilisan, Sindangan, and Sergio Osmeña, Zamboanga del Norte
- Intensity IV
- Guipos, City of Pagadian, Molave, Dinas, and Labangan, Zamboanga del Sur
Thank you for visiting Philnews.ph. You may express your thoughts and reactions below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel Philnews Ph.