An arrest warrant was issued against Vhong Navarro
It’s Showtime host Vhong Navarro is facing an arrest warrant issued by Taguig Metropolitan Court for acts of lasciviousness based on the case filed by model Deniece Cornejo.
The issue between Vhong and Deniece was dormant for a couple of years but it was revived this year after the Court of Appeals ordered the Taguig City prosecutor’s office to file a case versus the actor-host.
This CA’s decision contradicted the previous decision that the Department of Justice had in favor of Vhong. DOJ’s decision pointed out that there was inconsistency in Deniece’s statements.
Based on the report from ABS-CBN News, Vhong is on his way to the National Bureau of Investigation to surrender after the warrant of arrest against him was issued. The Taguig court recommended bail of P36,000.
Previously, Vhong Navarro insisted on his innocence. He said that the only mistake that he did was cheating on his girlfriend back then, who is now his wife.
His lawyer, Atty. Alma Mallonga, debunked Deniece Cornejo’s claim. “After she enters elevator, she is smiling, even apparently suppressing giggles, as she looks at her reflection, making it clear she was not a victim of rape/attempted rape/acts of lasciviousness,” the lawyer stressed.
Atty. Mallonga said that the actor-host will seek reconsideration of the order to issue an arrest warrant. However, for now, Vhong will surrender to the authorities. She also said that her client is a victim of “Serious Illegal Detention and Grave Coercion.”
The case that Deniece Cornejo filed against Vhong Navarro happened on Jan. 22, 2014. Her initial claim was that the Kapamilya star raped her in her condominium unit on Jan. 22. Later on, Deniece claimed that she was also raped on Jan 17.
What can you say about this?