Pangasinan Man Gets Hospitalized After He Accidentally Swallowed Own Dentures

Pangasinan Man Accidentally Swallows Own Dentures

A Pangasinan man gets hospitalized after he accidentally swallowed his own dentures while sleeping inside his home.

A 39-year-old man identified as Benjie Villamor has been rushed to the hospital in Dagupan City for immediate treatment and medication after he accidentally swallowed his denture while sleeping.

The latter forgets to remove his denture as he sleeps in his home in San Jacinto, Pangasinan. The victim admitted that he was drunk during that time and suffered breathing difficulty due to the incident.

Pangasinan Man

Initially, Villamor struggles to put food or water into his mouth due to the denture in his throat. Eventually, the denture goes to his stomach but needs to undergo an operation for the removal of the foreign object.

CHD-Ilocos spokesperson Dr. Rheuel Bobis explained that Villamor’s life might have been placed in danger due to a lack of oxygen.

“Kapag nakalunok kasi ng pustiso mayroon dalawang puwede (itong) puntahan (sa katawan). Una, puwedeng dumiretso sa tiyan. So kapag dumiretso sa tiyan medyo delikado kasi alam naman na ang pustiso ay may matutulis na parte. So maaaring masugat o maaari niyang mabutas ang digestive tract,” Bobis said.

Pangasinan Man

Bobis is currently struggling with his finances because he was just working as a construction worker. He also advised the public to remove dentures before sleeping.

“So, unang-una. Dapat ang pustiso ay as much as possible ay tinatanggal natin ‘yan kapag tayo ay natutulog kasi maaari na matanggal ito sa pagkakakabit at malunok natin, accidentally,” Bobis said.

The social media users expressed their reactions to the post:

Pangasinan Man

What can you say about this incident? Just feel free to leave your comments and reactions to this article.

Thank you for visiting Philippine Trending News ( You may also follow us on the following social media platforms; FacebookTwitter, and YouTube.

Read Also: Man in Aklan to Undergo Surgery After Swallowing Dentures While Eating