Young Lady Passes Away While Taking Bath Due to Snakebite in Guinobatan, Albay

Young Lady Taking a Bath on their Home Dies of Snakebite

GUINOBATAN, ALBAY – A young lady has passed away while taking a bath on their home due to a snakebite.

Numerous sightings of snakes and other wild creatures have been recorded in the Philippines throughout the previous decades. Those reptiles contain venom that could cause harm to the victims.

Some individuals have already died after suffering snake bite. The Department of Natural Resources warned the public to avoid having an encounter with snakes and contact the authorities for proper measure.

Young Lady

However, there are some people who have died after bitten by venomous snake. The authorities have advised the Filipino people to avoid such reptiles to prevent unexpected incidents.

On Tuesday (February 15, 2022), an 18-year-old woman named Jovielyn Cervantes in the town of Guinobatan, Albay died after she was bitten by a snake. The incident happened at their bathroom in Sitio Bantunan, Barangay Palanas.

According to Jay, the victim’s sibling, Jovielyn was taking a bath when a snake bites her.  Cervantes was taking a bath to a faucet, which is quite far from their home. The young woman immediately told her mother about the incident.

Young Lady

Jovielyn received a first aid treatment and covered the snakebite with “Tambal” before heading to the hospital. She received the anti-venom treatment at the hospital but eventually passed away.

The family also failed to locate the snake who bit Jovielyn.

The social media users expressed their reactions to the post:

What can you say about this incident? Just feel free to leave your comments and reactions to this article.

Thank you for visiting Philippine Trending News ( You may also follow us on the following social media platforms; FacebookTwitter, and YouTube.

Read Also: Another Kid Passes Away Due to Snakebite in Tagkawayan, Quezon

Leave a Comment