Sara Duterte is no longer seeking reelection as Davao City Mayor
Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte is withdrawing her candidacy as she has announced on her official Facebook Page on November 9, Tuesday.
During the period of filing for the certificate of candidacy (COC), many supporters of the presidential daughter have anticipated that she would run for a national position.
When she filed her COC for the same position she is currently serving, many supporters are also urging her to run for President and they have waited until the last day of the filing of COC.
On Tuesday, Davao City Mayor Baste Duterte announced that he is withdrawing his candidacy. In the statement that he released regarding this matter, the presidential son said that he is nominating Atty. Melchor Quitain Jr. as his substitute.
Following this announcement of the Vice Mayor, Sara Duterte also made an announcement. On her Facebook Page, she posted a photo showing that she was at the Comelec in Davao City.
The Mayor officially announced her withdrawal and stated that Baste Duterte will replace her. She also said that for now, this is just the statement that she could release.
“Ngayong hapon wini-withdraw ko ang akong kandidatura sa pagka-Mayor ng Davao City. Si VM Baste ang papalit sa akin. Si Atty. Melchor Quitain ang nominado namin sa pagka-Bise Alkalde. Ito lamang po muna. Maraming salamat po,” the Mayor said.
With this announcement, supporters of Sara Duterte shared various reactions. Some speculated that she will be running for Vice President as the running mate of presidential aspirant Bongbong Marcos.
Previously, there were speculations that the Davao City Mayor will substitute Senator Ronaldo ‘Bato’ Dela Rosa who is running for president under PDP-Laban which is the party of President Rodrigo Duterte.
What can you say about this?