What Is Vicarious In Tagalog? (Answer)
VICARIOUS IN TAGALOG – There are several English words that do not have a direct translation in Tagalog, that’s why we need context to fully translate them.
In this article, we are going to take a look at the word “Vicarious” and its translations into Tagalog based on context.
Vicarious means experiencing something indirectly through another. For example, a mother might live vicariously through her children. She does this by providing activities that she never did when she was a child.
Here are some example sentences translated from English to Tagalog:
- Peter lived vicariously through his friends by constantly asking them to send pictures of their trip.
- Because of the quarantine, I simply live vicariously through the characters of the books I’m reading.
- I don’t go out that often so I live vicariously through the stories of my friends online.
- My father lived vicariously through me by making me do all the things he didn’t get to do when he was younger.
- My mother, who is a former dancer, lived vicariously through me as she encouraged me to join dance lessons.
In Tagalog, these sentences can be translated as:
- Si Peter ay hindi tuwirang dumanas ng paglalakbay ng kanyang mga kaibigan sa pamamgitan ng pag-hingi nito ng mga letrato.
- Dahil sa quarantine, ako’y namumuhay na lamang ng hindi-tuwiran gamit ang mga tauhan sa kwento ng libro kong binabasa.
- Malimit akong lumabas kaya naman nagpapa-kuwento na lang ako sa mga kaibigan ko.
- Pinapagawa ako ng aking ama ng mga bagay na hindi niya nagawa noong siya’y bata pa lamang para ito’y ma eksperyensiyahan niya kahit hindi-tuwiran.
- Ang aking ina na isang dating manananyaw ay gustong iparanas sa akin ang mga hindi niya naranasan sa pamamgitan ng pag udyok sakin na kumuha ng mga dancing lessons.
For other English-Tagalog translations…