What Is “Sumirit” In English? (Answers)
SUMIRIT IN ENGLISH – There are several English words that do not have a direct translation in Tagalog, that’s why we need context to fully translate them.
In this article, we are going to talk about the English translation of the word “sumirit” based on context.
Sumirit is often used in the context of playing games. During the childhood of most Filipinos, they would often say “sirit ka na?”. This means “do you give up?” in English.
It is also commonly used when asking someone a question or a riddle. Here are some example sentences:
- Napakacomplikado ng bugtong ni Eva, sumirit kaagad ako.
- Sirit na raw si Peter, ayaw na niyang mag laro.
- Walang sisirit sa atin! Kaya nating ipanalo ito.
In English, these sentences could be translated as:
- Eva’s riddle was too complicated, I immediately gave up.
- Peter gave up! He said he doesn’t want to play anymore.
- Nobody give up! We can win this!
Sirit could also mean that you want to know an answer to a question or a riddle. However, it could also mean a sudden burst or quick movement.
Sumirit bigla ang tubig sa banyo namin. This could be translated as: “The water in our bathroom bursted unexpectedly”.
For other English-Tagalog translations…