DICT Warns Public of Fake Delivery Riders Defrauding Filipino People
The Department of Information and Communications Technology warned the public to beware of individuals pretending as delivery riders.
DICT advised the Filipino people to beware of individuals whose modus is to pretend as delivery employees or courier service personnel forcing their victims to pay parcels they did not order.
The agency received reports that some culprits were pretending to be delivery personnel of Private Express and/or Messengerial Delivery Service (PEMEDES) to defraud their victims.
“In the reported instances, these individuals pretend that a package is being delivered to a recipient on a Cash-On-Delivery (COD) basis, despite the latter not making such purchase,” DICT said.
The department also give some tips to falling into those schemes and modus:
- Refuse to accept unordered parcels
- Verify the transactions and contact the recipient
- Check the contents of the parcels to ensure that the recipient ordered the item
- Film the unboxing of the parcel, which could be used as an evidence
- Take photo of the delivery worker’s office ID and make sure that they are legitimate personnel
DICT said that they could deter those culprits trying to take advantage against fraudsters with the help of the public.
What can you say about this? Just feel free to leave your comments and reactions to this article.