Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...

DepEd Considers Shortening Summer Break To Two Weeks

DEPED – The Department of Education recently considers shortening the summer break to two weeks and extend the school year.

DepEd
Photo Source: Metro News Central

Education undersecretary Diosdado San Antonio made the statement, who added that the quarter  might be extended two weeks to give students more time to complete school requirements amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Hindi na magkakaroon ng mahabang break sa pagitan ng dalawang taong pasukan. Baka dalawang linggo lang. Pag-uusapan din ‘yan,”

“Kami may balak na mag-propose na dalawang linggo ngayong quarter, so ibig sabihin magmo-move ‘yung school calendar ng dalawang linggo pag na-approve ito,”

A field report showed that on the first quarter, 99% of students were able to comply with the school requirements. However, according to San Antonio, the remaining 1% is still concerning.

“Pero ‘yun kasing less than 1 percent sa 20 something million na leaners is also a significant number. Hindi naman dahil nakakapag-submit, natututo,” 

Certain students were against the proposal. Among them was Grade 12 student Shekinah Marie Fuertes, who sells various items to help her family whenever she has no classes, based on the report.

“Kung e-extend pa po nila, bakit parang… ano po para po sa akin ‘yung time po na ‘yun ilalaan ko na lang po sa pagtitinda,”

Not only will it be hard for students but also for parents, ;like Bernie Barcia, whose four children are still in school.

“’Yung mga bata hindi natututo nang maayos kasi magulang na ang gumagawa,”

There are those, however, who agree to the said proposal.

“Mas maigi ‘yun kasi maraming matutunan ‘yung bata,” 

What do you think of this report? How will you react to this? Let us know more about it in the comments below.

READ ALSO: France Continues To Build Cinemas Amid Pandemic

Check out our latest news at philnews.ph or in our following social media pages
Facebook: /PhilNews
Twitter: @PhilNews247
Instagram: @philnewsph

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...

comment(s) for this post "DepEd Considers Shortening Summer Break To Two Weeks". Tell us what you think abut this post by leaving your comments below.

{ 0 comments… add one }

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.