Belmonte Says QC Prioritized Over 1 Million Residents For COVID-19 Vaccines
OVER 1 MILLION PRIORITIZED IN QC – According to Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte, over a million residents were listed for its “priority group” for its COVID-19 vaccines.
Recently, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said the Philippines was about to receive coronavirus vaccines come February 15. However, Department of Health (DOH) Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire clarified that there had yet to be an exact date.
Meanwhile, as the country awaits the vaccines, Belmonte said that 1.06 million individuals in their vaccine priority list represents a large portion of the 1.6 million people it plans to inoculate. Much like most cities, QC aims to get herd immunity via mass vaccination.
Belmonte said that they would give priority to medical frontliners, local health workers, emergency response teams, seniors, indigent people, uniformed personnel, and essential workers.
During an interview with ABS-CBN, she said:
We are following the protocols set by the national government with regard to the priority listing and we have identified a whopping 1.06 million people belonging to this priority group
Furthermore, she stated that the vaccination drive in Quezon City could finish between six to eight months. Along with this, several areas within the city had already been identified as the site for its mass coronavirus vaccination program.
Thanks for reading. We aim to provide our readers with the freshest and most in-demand content. Come back next time for the latest news here on Philnews.