What Is Unusual? Definition And Usage Of This Term
WHAT IS UNUSUAL – In this topic, we will first know the definition of this term and how is this term used in sentences.
The Oxford Dictionary described this term as the following:
- not habitually or commonly occurring or done
- remarkable or interesting because different from or better than others
On the other hand, the Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines this term as the following:
- not usual
Synonyms and Antonyms
Here are the following synonyms and antonyms of this term:
It is a combination of the prefix un- which means “not” and the root word “usual” which means “habitually or typically occurring or done; customary”.
Here are some of the examples:
- Talking with Fritz was better than nothing, but this young man had an unusual way of thinking.
- Felipa didn’t seem to notice anything unusual in his attitude, so maybe he had always treated them that way.
- The parking lot was empty, and the only sign of unusual activity was the open gate.
- He pushed his way into the small apartment and flung the unusual Miami rain from his clothes.