Kapuso broadcaster Arnold Clavio reaction to “walang pera” statement of Duterte.
ARNOLD CLAVIO – President Rodrigo Duterte pointed out that the government is yet to collect budget for COVID-19 response, Arnold Clavio says something about this.
“Walang pera.” – That’s the statement we recently heard from President Rodrigo Duterte as the current administration faces criticisms over their shortcomings to address the pandemic. Accordingly, the country got no money anymore, the government could not afford mass testing, and many more sentiments and problems. And Kapuso reporter Arnold Clavio has reacted to this.
Listing down all the loans and financial assistance the country received amid the pandemic, here are some from the post of the GMA reporter:
- $3 million or Php 150 million from Asian Development Bank (ADB) for medical supplies, tests, PPEs, others
- $5 million or Php 250 million grant from Asian Development Bank (ADB) for 55,000 vulnerable households in Metro Manila
- $500 million Php 25 billion loan from World Bank for disaster rehabilitation, recovery planning, emergency cash transfers, etc. which is payable for 29 years with 10 years grace perion
- $100 million or Php 5 billion loan from World Bank for COVID-19 Emergency Response Project
- $1.5 million or Php 10 billion from Asian Development Bank (ADB) for COVID-19 response
- $200 million or Php 10 billion from Asian Development Bank (ADB) for emergency cash subsidies of vulnerable households
- $400 million or Php 20 billion from Asian Development Bank (ADB) for capital market development
- $3750 million or Php 37.5 billion loan from Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) for testing capacity, cash transfers, wage subsidies
- $500 million or Php 25 billion loan from Asian Development Bank (ADB) for conditional cash transfers (4Ps) payable for 29 years and a grace period for 8 years. Along with this is the $3.1 million for technical assistance
He also added in his post that if the country doesn’t have money, why would they pass a Php 162 billion stimulus package for Bayanihan Act 2. He said, “Wala bang pera o walang diskarte?”
- Duterte COVID-19 Test Result Released
- Duterte May Seek Military’s Help In Fight Against COVID-19 Pandemic
What can you say about this? Let us know!