Smuggled Firecrackers Worth P5 Million Seized By BOC-Port Of Manila
SMUGGLED FIRECRACKERS – The Bureau of Customs (BOC) Port of Manila recently seized smuggled firecrackers worth P5 million.
According to GMA News, the seized firecrackers were turned over to the Philippine National Police’s Firearms and Explosives Office at its blasting site in Capaz, Tarlac.
The BOC said that the illegal firecrackers shipment was found in a 40-foot container. It was consigned to Wealth Lotus Empire Corporation. Furthermore, they were declared as plastic bins.
Based on the report, this is a violation of the following:
- Republic Act 7183 or An Act Regulating the Sale, Manufacture, Distribution of Firecrackers and Other Pyrotechnic Devices
- Section 1113 (f) of Republic Act 10863 or CMTA (Property subject to Seizure and Forfeiture)
Last month, the Bureau of Customs seized fake cigarettes which is worth at around P2.6 million.
This came from a raid on a warehouse in Santiago in Isabela.
The BOC also seized 86 master cases of counterfeit items. It was conducted by agents of the Enforcement Security Service and Customs Intelligence and Investigation Service.
The raid was based on an order issued by Customs Commissioner Rey Leonardo Guerrero.
What do you think of this report? How will you react to this? Let us know more about it in the comments below.
– Sarah Lahbati Shares Relaxing Bathtub Photo, Netizens React
– Conor McGregor Hints at Possible Pacquiao Fight “Tinatanggap ko”
– Alex Gonzaga “Pamamanhikan”?, Her Family Meets Future Husband’s Family