ECQ Violators In Cebu City To Be Arrested Immediately By Policemen
ECQ VIOLATORS IN CEBU CITY – The Philippine National Police (PNP) recently said that the police will immediately arrest those who violate ECQ protocol in Cebu City.
According to SunStar, PNP chief Archie Gamboa further said that law enforcers in the city were directed to do so. The city was placed to ECQ once again from June 16 to 30, 2020 due to the widespread transmission of COVID-19 and high critical care utilization rate.
However, Gamboa said that the residents have observed to quarantine protocols and there have been only few violators in the city.
“Yes yan naman ‘yung guidance natin doon sa Cebu kasi it nga is a requirement talaga kasi sobrang lobo nung kanilang infection doon that’s why kung puwede wala nang warning, diretso na but generally ang behavior ng mga Cebuano sumunod naman sila pero may pangilan ngilan na pasaway but hindi ganun karami. Majority follows the quarantine imposition of Cebu,”
“(But) Yes I have such an order,”
At about 250 police staff from the neighboring regions and Special Action Force have enhanced police operations in the Cebu City for the implamantation of ECQ protocol.
Around 500 to 600 reserved forces in the city have deployed to aid enforce ECQ guidelines, Gamboa added.
Based on the report, Albert Ignatius, director of the Central Visayas Police Regional Office also deployed their Drone Patrol Units. It is composed of 11 drones that were manned by Cebu City Police Office personnel in order to monitor compliance and capture videos of areas where potential areas of instances of violations might occur.
“Per evaluation of the party who went there led by General Eleazar together with General (Emmanuel) Licup and General (Clifton) Empiso, okay naman daw ang assessment. As a matter of fact may pinakita ako na mga drone moving pictures. Really makita mo talagang what happened in Manila nung inimplement natin ‘yung ECQ here. So they are doing good so far in Cebu,”
What do you think about it? How will you react to this? Let us know more about it in the comments below.
READ ALSO: Barangay Chairman, 13 Residents in Cebu Break Quarantine Guidelines After Celebrating Fiesta