Rodrigo Roa Duterte Rejects Refund, Tells ABS-CBN To Give It To Charity
ABS-CBN – President Rodrigo Roa Duterte rejected ABS-CBN’s refund for his unaired ads during the 2016 election and advised them to donate the P2.6 million to charity.
Philippine President Rodrigo Roa Duterte previously made several pronouncements opposing the renewal of ABS-CBN’s franchise. He accused the network of not airing his campaign ads during the 2016 election. He even told the executives to just sell the company.
ABS-CBN said they “did not violate the law” in its 65-years of service. During the Senate hearing on Monday, the media network’s President and CEO Carlo Katigbak said they failed to air around P7 million worth of Rodrigo Roa Duterte’s ads.
On Thursday, the Kapamilya network released a statement over saying the politician accepted their apology. The network said, “we are grateful and humbled by President Rodrigo Duterte’s acceptance of our apology.”
According to the report, President Rodrigo Duterte rejected the refund for his unaired ads during the 2016 polls. He advised ABS-CBN to just donate the P2.6 million refund to charity.
“We will coordinate with the President’s office as it relates to his guidance on donating the refund to a charitable institution,” said the network.
In a previous article, Duterte’s daughter Sarah Duterte expressed her support for the media network on February 27. She said “Davao City fully supports ABS-CBN sa kanilang pagpapa-renew ng kanilang franchise. Of course malaki din ang suporta ng ABS-CBN sa Davao City at sa buong bansa.”
She’s also confident that her father would accept the apology of Carlo Katigbak. “Of course, alam niyo si President Duterte, maawain ‘yan na tao. Iniisip din niya ‘yung trabaho ng maraming employees ng ABS-CBN,” the mayor added.
What can you say about this article? Leave your comments and reactions below.