Here are some things you might want to to know about ABS-CBN’s CEO and President Carlo Katigbak.
CARLO KATIGBAK – Here are some personal details about ABS-CBN’s CEO and President Carlo Katigbak that you might want to know.
After appearing during the first hearing of the renewal issue of ABS-CBN, CEO and President Carlo Katigbak seemingly became an instant heartthrob with the way he handled the questions and humbly apologized to President Duterte. Many people admired his calmness amid the rally, composure all throughout the process, and how he can logically answer questions clearly without a single hint of arrogance.
Personal life of the president:
- He is Carlo Joaquin Tadeo Lopez Katigbak who graduated from Xavier School in San Juan and a Management Engineering degree holder from Ateneo De Manila University.
- In 1992, he is the financial analyst for First Pacific Capital Corporation. He was just 21 years old then.
- After two years, he moved to Sky Cable Corporation and became the top corporate manager then making Sky as the most profitable media company in the country. He served there as corporate finance manager, corporate planning, and head of provincial operations.
- He was 28 years old when he transferred to ABS-CBN and successfully made the network as the leading digital media corporation on the Internet in Philippines. He was the one who build its online business. He also pioneered the network’s online platform.
- From 1999 to 2004, he served as head of ABS-CBN’s Internet platform and made way for the contents of the network to be digitalized. ABS-CBN bought Sky in 2004.
- He is the Sky’s chief operations officer in 2005 to 2011 and eventually became its president.
- It under him when ABS-CBN TV Plus, streaming app iWant TV, and the Kapamilya Box Office or KBO made significant successes.
- He became as network’s president in 2016 when corporation’s former president and CEO, Charo Santos-Concio retired. He is a cousin of Gabby Lopez.
- He has maintained his position in 11 other companies and that of being managing director of Sky cable.
- Under Katigbak, the network received wards such as Asia’s best employers in 2018 and Philippines’ top performing companies the following year.
What can you say about this? Let us know!