Here are the simple ways to protect yourself from coronavirus
These tips are simple yet they can help to protect yourself from coronavirus that is creating a great scare in Asia, the US, and some parts of Europe these past few days.
Reportedly, the virus manifested first in Wuhan, China. A report published on Monday stated that 2,700 people and at least 80 people died due to this.
From time to time, the Department of Health in the Philippines has been issuing updates regarding this matter. Advisories about the virus are being posted regularly to inform the public.
With this, experts said that practicing good hygiene can help a lot in battling against the virus, as well as to avoid sickness. Based on the report from CNN Philippines, here are the simple ways you can do to protect yourself from coronavirus.
- Personal hygiene – Wash hands as often as you can, before and after eating
- Increasing your fluid – Drink lots of water ( DOH Secretary Francisco Duque III said that a dry throat makes it easier for virus to enter one’s system.)
- Clean devices – Wash hands or use alcohol after using their mobile phones. Devices are also prone to bacteria that might trigger illness. (“This is not just limited to the usapin (talks) of the coronavirus… but also microbes,” Sec. Duque explained.)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who show respiratory illness symptoms (ex. coughing and sneezing)
- Say no to raw meat, except for sashimi
- Seek medical attention if you have flu-like symptoms (especially if you have traveled from Wuhan, China)
Meanwhile, here are the latest news about here is a report stating that “Filipina Resident Claims No Bat Soup nor People Collapsing in Wuhan China”.
What can you say about this?