Is Miss Universe Philippines 2020 ready to accept transgender contestants?
MISS UNIVERSE PHILIPPINES 2020 – MUP National Director Shamcey Supsup answers if transgender hopefuls are accepted in the pageant.
Based on a previous article, the application period for this year’s Miss Universe Philippines is extended until January 31 along with the following guidelines:
- Download the form from the link in our bio
- Fill it out completely
- Email scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring the complete application form, a copy of your passport (if already available), R4 Portrait Photo, R4 Swimsuit Photo, and birth certificate (PSA) to Empire Studios on the 2nd floor of Uptown Mall in Taguig.
- Look for Paul Baysa or Maricar Abanador.
Now, as the application extends, will they be accepting transgenders for the competition? MUP National director and Binibining Pilipinas Universe 2011 Shamcey Supsup says that it is possible if their gender have been changed legally in their documents.
She says, “If the local country where you will hold the pageant, if we are not yet allowed to change gender in our legal documents then we will have to follow the local authority.” However, this process is still not allowed in our country.
As for this year’s winner, she will accordingly have her own apartment, car, driver, personal assistant, and personal stylist. She will certainly be treated like a queen and will receive the biggest cash prize yet in the pageant history of the country. A job for more than two also awaits as she will attending shoots, events, cultural exposures, and personal training.
- Gazini Ganados Breaks Silence After Loss In Miss Universe 2019
- Shamcey Supsup Leads New Miss Universe Philippines Organization
What can you say about this? Let us know!