What’s the MMFF 2019 sales & total box-office sales as of January 1, 2020?
MMFF 2019 SALES – Here’s the Metro Manila Film Festival 2019 sales and total box-office sales as of January 1, 2020, based on a source.
As of the first two days of this year’s Metro Manila Film Festival, December 25 and 26, here’s the unofficial ranking of the official entries based on their earnings as per previous article:
- The Mall, The Merrier of Vice Ganda and Anne Curtis
- Miracle in Cell No. 7 of Aga Muhlach and Bela Padilla
- 3Pol Trobol: Huli Ka Balbon of Coco Martin, Jennylyn Mercado, and Ai-Ai delas Alas
- Mission Unstapabol: The Don Identity of Vic Sotto and Maine Mendoza
- Sunod of Carmina Villarroel
- Mindanao of Judy Ann Santos and Allen Dizon
- Culion of Iza Calzado and Jasmine Curtis-Smith
- Write About Love of Miles Ocampo, Rocco Nacino, Yeng Constantino, and Joem Bascon
And as of December 31, with the unofficial gross of top 4 films from a reliable source based on Ricky Lo’s post, Aga Muhlach’s film topped the list with estimated gross of Php 220-million, then Vice Ganda’s with Php 213-million, 3Pol Trobol with Php 57-million, and Mission Unstapabol at Php 51-million.
Now, based on a report from PEP, the film “Miracle In Cell No. 7” remained on the top spot with approximate earning of Php 235-million, “The Mall The Merrier” with Php 230-million, “3Pol Trobol: Huli Ka Balbon” at Php 75-million, Php 60-million for “Mission Unstapabol: The Don Identity”.
Accordingly, the total gross of the eight (8) official entries did not reach Php 650-million. MMFF Execom stated based on the report, “At this point when some of the theaters in Mindanao are still closed because of the earthquake, and our people in the Visayas would rather attend to their rehabilitation after the typhoon than watch movies, realistically, it would be hard to surpass last year’s record gross in the box office.”
What can you say about this? Let us know!