Unofficial ranking of entries for the MMFF 2019 according to grosses earned in December 25 and 26.
MMFF 2019 – Here is the unofficial ranking of the entries for the 45th Metro Manila Film Festival based on grosses earned in December 25 to 26.
The Metro Manila Film Festival 2019 started already with Vice Ganda‘s film on top spot passing the Php 100-million mark gross three days after his film “The Mall, The Merrier” with Anne Curtis hit the theaters along with other official entries.
However, during the “Gabi Ng Parangal” held last December 27, the film “Mindanao” of Judy Ann Santos gathered the most number of awards including major awards such as Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actress, Best Actor, and Best Child Performer.
And now, despite no official digits released, an unofficial ranking of movies has come out which is based on the gross it earned for two days, December 25 and 26.
Here are the official entries for this year’s film festival and their unofficial ranking based on two-day grosses minus the digits which the committee refuted to disclose as per PEP’s report:
- The Mall, The Merrier of Vice Ganda and Anne Curtis
- Miracle in Cell No. 7 of Aga Muhlach and Bela Padilla
- 3Pol Trobol: Huli Ka Balbon of Coco Martin, Jennylyn Mercado, and Ai-Ai delas Alas
- Mission Unstapabol: The Don Identity of Vic Sotto and Maine Mendoza
- Sunod of Carmina Villarroel
- Mindanao of Judy Ann Santos and Allen Dizon
- Culion of Iza Calzado and Jasmine Curtis-Smith
- Write About Love of Miles Ocampo, Rocco Nacino, Yeng Constantino, and Joem Bascon
Meanwhile, from last year’s record in terms of gross, here’s the ranking based on previous article which was as of January 3, 2018:
- Fantastica: The Princess and The Perya – P400 million
- Jack Em Popoy – P200 million +
- Aurora – P100 million (almost)
- Mary, Marry Me – (not specified)
What can you say about this? Let us know!