Class Suspensions Declared In These Areas For Thursday (October 17)
WALANG PASOK – Several local government units have declared class suspensions in different parts of the country due to series of earthquakes.
On Wednesday evening (October 16, 2019), the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) announced that a magnitude 6.3 earthquake hits North Cotabato and nearby provinces.
On Thursday (October 17, 2019), Davao Oriental and Davao Occidental were struck by a magnitude 5.2 earthquake. The strong tremor struck Davao Oriental at 4:53 am while Davao Occidental felt the quake at 9:28 am.
Some local government units have declared the cancellation of classes due to the consecutive earthquakes that struck parts of Mindanao.
The suspension of classes have been done to ensure the safety of the students from any possible danger due to expected aftershocks and tsunami alert. The seismology agency also warned the public that further damage and aftershocks are expected.
Here is the list of areas covered by the suspension of classes:
- Cotabato City – all levels, public and private
- Davao City – all levels, public and private
- Samal, Davao del Norte – all levels, public and private
- General Santos City, South Cotabato – all levels, public and private)
- Kabacan, Cotabato – all levels, public and private
- Kidapawan City, Cotabato – all levels, public and private
- Makilala, Cotabato – all levels, public and private
- Koronadal City, South Cotabato – preschool to senior high school, public and private
- Tacurong City, Sultan Kudarat – all levels, public and private
This is a developing story, just visit this website frequently or refresh the page for further updates and information.
What can you say about the suspension of classes? Just feel free to leave your comments and reactions to this article.