Here are some Typhoon Preparedness Tips
Here are some typhoon preparedness tips you might use to ensure the safety of your family during natural calamities and disasters.
The Philippines is a tropical country located in Pacific Ocean experiencing at least 20 tropical cyclones every year.
Ten (10) out of these tropical cyclones will become typhoon and five of them have the potential to be destructive ones.
Typhoons usually hit the country during the months of June to September but it can also hit the archipelago any time of the year.
Being resilient all the time could help individuals to withstand difficult situations including natural calamities and typhoons.
Typhoon preparedness is one of the important traits that Filipino people should have to reduce the impact of storms.
Here are some typhoon preparedness tips to keep your family safe from disasters:
- Monitor Weather Reports
- Prepare Enough Food
- Ensure Emergency Items Including Battery-operated Radio, Flashlights, Candles, Rechargeable Lamps, and Spare Batteries
- Stay in Safe Place
- Wear Dry & Warm Clothes
- Secure Important Belonging in Safe & High Place
- Refrain From Stepping Into Floodwaters To Avoid Diseases Like Leptospirosis
- Turn Off Electrical Appliances
- Avoid Using Phone
- Listen To News & Weather Updates
- Don’t Plug & Use Electrical Devices Affected by Flood
- Remove Rain Water in Containers, Cans, Tires, & Pots to Prevent Mosquito from Breeding
What can you say about this? Just feel free to leave your comments and reactions to this article.