List of 12 Simple Water Conservation Ways
WATER CONSERVATION – Here is a list of twelve(12) simple ways on how to conserve water at home.
One of the most talked-about issue in the Philippines now is the water shortage in some parts of Metro Manila. A lot of residents suffered for the insufficient water supply for weeks.
President Rodrigo Roa Duterte has already called the responsible offices regarding the issue. He has ordered the Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System (MWSS) to demand for water supply from Maynilad and Manila Water.
The President has already convene with the MWSS officials and as well as the officers of Manila Water and Maynilad. He even warned them to perform their duties or he might fire them.
Amid the water crisis in Metro Manila, there are calls for water conservation from concerned people. There are actually a lot of ways on how to conserve water even if we still have abundant supply.
Based on an article on Care2, here is a list of 12 simple ways of water conservation that we can do at home:
1. Fix the leaks – One way to conserve water is to fix the leaks. You may call a plumber to do it or you can also fix it if you can.
2. Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth – Even though it is just a small amount of time spent on brushing your teeth, you might waste a lot of water if the tap is on while doing it.
3. Use a shower bucket – While having a shower, put a bucket under you so the water will store up. It can be used in flushing the toilet.
4. Fill your sink with water – In washing plates, utensils, and other kitchen ware, fill the sink with water instead of letting it to pour continuously.
5. Water plants in the morning – Based on the article, the weather in the morning is cooler so there would be less water lost to evaporation.
6. Use a rain barrel – This tip is in line with water conservation regarding plants watering. Using a rain barrel can help keep your plants hydrated without watering again and again.
7. Cut your shower time – Much water is spent on shower. You may cut it short by doing your thing fastly.
8. Re-use water – Water used in cooking pasta may be used again like the flushing of the toilet.
9. Turn off the tap while washing your hands – Just like when brushing your teeth, while applying soap in your hands, you can turn off the tap to save water.
10. Use less water in flushing – You don’t need to pour one(1) gallon of water everytime you flush. Even just half of the pail could already drop the waste.
11. Do not wash half-loads in the sink – Based on the article, another way for water conservation is to do all the washing at the same time as half-loads may consume more and more water.
12. Constantly check your water bill – Once there is a spike on your water bill, surely something needs to be addressed.