Steps on Voter Registration in the
Philippines / How To Register as Voter
VOTER REGISTRATION – Here are the steps on how to register as a voter in the Philippines.
The 2019 Elections is fast approaching. Local and national political bids would be held and the campaign period has officially started. In line with it, many citizens surely want to register to vote.
To exercise your right to suffrage or to vote, you must be a registered voter of the Commission on Elections (COMELEC). The registration is open for those who are at least 18 years old on or before the day of the election.
Furthermore, the voter registration is open to a Filipino citizen who is a resident of the Philippines for at least a year.
To be registered as a voter in the place where you plan to vote, you must be a resident of that area for not less than six(6) months before the day of the election.
For the voter registration process, you may follow the steps indicated below on how to register as a voter in the Philippines:
- Gather the requirements needed in registering as a voter in the Philippines. For the full list of the documents that you have to prepare, visit – Requirements For Registration as Voter.
- Visit a COMELEC Office and head to the window or table where voter registrations are processed. You will be given three(3) copies of the application form.
- Provide factual and accurate information to the forms. Submit it to the COMELEC staff for the checking.
- If there is no problem with your form, a staff of COMELEC will capture your biometrics.
- You will be issued an acknowledgment receipt. It will be used in claiming your documents regarding your voter’s registration.
Thank you for visiting our website. We’re glad to have helped you in your registration to be an official voter in the Philippines. Keep coming back for more informative guides.