Philippine News

Date Published:

4:31 AM August 4, 2018

in: News
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...

Duterte Reveals Side on Renewal of ABS-CBN’s Franchise

DUTERTE – Philippine President Rodrigo Roa Duterte revealed his side on the renewal of the franchise of the broadcast network ABS-CBN.

It is no secret to the public that former Davao City Mayor and now Pres. Duterte has previously lashed out at ABS-CBN and Philippine Daily Inquirer. Based on a report, it is due to the alleged unfair coverage of the campaign period for the 2016 National Election.

The former Davao City Mayor even admitted that he plans to block the renewal of the franchise of ABS-CBN. Their franchise is set to expire in 2020.

Based on a report on GMA News Online, Pres. Rodrigo Duterte has recently spoken again about the franchise of ABS-CBN.

Rodrigo Roa Duterte

Photo lifted from Forbes

In his speech at Northern Mindanao Wellness and Reintegration Center’s inauguration in Malaybalay, Bukidnon, Pres. Rodrigo Roa Duterte admitted that if it were up to him, the franchise of ABS-CBN should not be renewed.

The President stressed that the broadcast network no longer has Gabby Lopez, the chairman of ABS-CBN during the campaign period for the 2016 national election.

“Pinaalis na nila si Gabby [Lopez] eh, kasi nila nothing will happen eh. I will not talk to you. But I will never also intervene. Pero if I had my way, I will not give it back to you,” the 73-year-old national leader said.

ABS-CBN Logo

Photo lifted from Megacitizens.com

Based on the report, Pres. Duterte accuses ABS-CBN of stealing and he also expressed that he wanted to tell Lopez that he is greedy or “mukhang pera”.

“Kung binayad ko na lang sana na maski maka—for the first time may maglalabas ‘yung mukha ko. Tinanggap ‘yung two million ko… hindi lang man lumabas,” the President expressed.

According to Pres. Duterte, their money was only accepted but they were not even just told that they could not find the appropriate space for his advertisements.

What do you think about it?

Read also the previous article: ABS-CBN Issues Official Statement Regarding Franchise Renewal

For more news and updates, follow us on Twitter: @philnews_ph and Facebook: @PhilNews

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter More...
{ 0 comments… add one }

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.