Guide on DSWD Medical Cash Assistance Offer Qualifications
DSWD MEDICAL CASH ASSISTANCE – You can check here the guide on the qualifications set under the Medical Aid offer of the Department of Social Welfare and Development.
In the Philippines, one of the government agencies that you may turn to for cash assistance offers due to certain crisis situations is the Department of Social Welfare and Development. More popularly called DSWD, the government office has several offers that attend to many different kinds of financial needs.
Under the Assistance to Individuals in Crisis Situation program or AICS, the DSWD has several offers that aims to help Filipinos caught by crisis situations and one of which is during a medical situation.
Through the DSWD Medical Cash Assistance offer, the government office wants to financially-assist countless Filipinos confined in hospitals for a treatment, the laboratory expenses, surgical procedures, and even the purchase of assistive device.
Who are qualified to apply for the medical aid offer of the Department of Social Welfare and Development? Here is the coverage of the medical assistance offer:
- poor families and individuals in the informal sector listed on DSWD Listahan
- victims of natural disasters like floods, typhoons, landslides, and earthquakes
- workers under government contracts
- patients of cancer and other chronic illnesses like tuberculosis, heart diseas, stroke, leprosy, and kidney failure
- disabled individuals for the cases of hospitalization, medication, surgery, and therapy
- patients confined in a mental institution due to a mental illness including bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and major depressive disorder
- those who have no financial capacity to pay for their medical expenses
In summary, the medical assistance offer under the AICS cover most situations related to medical or health issues whether it is inpatient or outpatient. The individual must have no financial capacity to pay for the medical costs to qualify for the offer.
To apply for the medical assistance offer of the Department of Social Welfare and Development, you need to go through the short process it has designed under its offers. Meanwhile, this will also help you save money, time, and energy for the process.