WHAT IS TRANSITIVE VERB – Below are the meaning and examples of this type of verb which is the opposite of the intransitive verb.
Verbs have several types under it but they can easily be distinguished once you know how they function in a sentence. Let us talk about the transitive verb in this article.
TRANSITIVE VERB – What Is “Transitive Verb” & Its Examples
Guide on the Meaning of Transitive Verb & Its Examples
TRANSITIVE VERB – Here is its meaning in the English subject and as well as some of its examples used in sentences.
The English subject is undeniably one of the subjects with the widest coverage – no doubt why it is taught from pre-school to college. There are just a ton that we must learn in an organized way.
In pre-school and elementary years, we are taught of the English lessons that will serve as foundation in learning those in high school and college. One of it is about verb or action word.
Verb, a part of speech that depicts an action in a sentence, has several types. One of them is the Transitive Verb which we will learn in this article.
What is a transitive verb?
This is the type of verb that really requires an object after the action word. Without the said object, the sentence will appear incomplete. Some of its examples include the following:
Examples of Transitive Verbs Used in Sentences:
- Tarzan brought them love so it was really hard for them to let him go.
- Harry watered the plants before leaving the house.
- The doctor did not take any of the excuses of the patient.
- Dad gifted mom a necklace.
- Nala sent Lilo a cake.
- The owner asked his driver to order pancakes.
- He tapped his shoulder as soon as he saw him.
- The governor granted them scholarships so they can continue their studies.