Counterpart of Pamamanhikan in English & Sample Sentences
PAMAMANHIKAN IN ENGLISH – Are you looking for the English translation of the term “pamamanhikan”? Here’s its English counterpart.
Undeniably, a lot of people are doubtful when it comes to the translations of certain Tagalog words in English. In this article, we will review the meaning of the term “pamamanhikan”. We will also discover its counterpart in the English language.
What is “pamamanhikan”?
Pamamanhikan is a Tagalog term that refers to a Filipino practice done when a man wants to ask for the hand of the woman he wants to marry from her parents. The man and his family would visit the house of the woman and her family bringing food and gifts.
You may also visit – Mahapdi in English – Translate “Mahapdi” in English
What is “pamamanhikan” in English?
After knowing about the exact meaning of the word, surely many of us want to know not only the English translation of the word pamamanhikan but also some examples of sentences using it.
Pamamanhikan in English = Wedding Tradition
Mga halimbawa ng mga pangungusap na gumagamit ng salitang pamamanhikan:
1. Sumama si Mang Tinoy sa pamamanhikan ng pamilya ni Ricky sa pamilya ni Vien.
2. Anu-ano yung mga pagkain na inihanda mo para sa pamamanhikan mamaya?
3. Sumama ba sa pamamanhikan lahat ng mga kapatid ni Juancho?
4. Nagulat ang lahat nang hindi dumating ang ama ni Janine sa pamamanhikan ng pamilya nina Pablo.
5. Nakatakda ang kasal tatlong buwan mula noong araw ng pamamanhikan.
Examples of sentences using the term wedding tradition:
1. Donna and Paulo decided to follow the wedding tradition wherein the family of the man goes to the family of the woman as he asks for her hand.
2. How did you find the unique Filipino wedding tradition?
3. The wedding tradition also served as a bonding moment for their families.
4. Do you think Patrick will be able to handle all the preparations for the said wedding tradition?
5. The wedding tradition took place at the house of the Rodriguez family in La Herminia.
Thank you for visiting Philnews.ph. You may express your thoughts and reactions below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel Philnews Ph.
For other English-Tagalog translations…