Cebu Pacific Announces who are Exempted on Policy Requiring Vaccine Card for Travel
CEBU PACIFIC – The airline company cited the exemptions on the “No Vaccine, No Ride” policy in flight travels.
Currently, the whole of Metro Manila is under Alert Level 3 until the end of January. The implementation of the strict measure started last January 3 amid a new surge in the COVID-19 cases. Supposedly, the curb expired last January 15 but it was extended as cases have yet to decline.
Several cities outside Metro Manila are also under Alert Level 3 due to their high COVID-19 cases. Some provinces are under Alert Level 4 now in the pursuit to fight the spread of COVID-19.
Amid the implementation of Alert Level 3 in Metro Manila, the Department of Transportation (DOTr) is also imposing the “No Vaccine, No Ride” policy in public transportations. It is currently in a warning phase and the strict implementation of the policy is expected in the coming weeks.
DOTr has set exemptions on the “No Vaccine, No Ride” policy and among those who are exempted are the employees as they are vital in business operations. With regards to air travel, the said policy is also observed with some exemptions, too.
Cebu Pacific made clear the exemptions on the “No Vaccine, No Ride” policy. Based on a report on ABS-CBN News, here are the exempted travelers on the said policy:
- unvaccinated passengers who comply with all requirements of LGUs of their destination
- minors under 18 years old who comply with all requirements of LGUs of their destination
- returning residents to and from Metro Manila who can present proof of residency, along with other existing LGU requirements
- passengers with medical conditions that prevent full COVID-19 vaccination, as proven by legitimate medical certificate with details of physician
- individuals who procure essential goods and services — such as but not limited to food, water, medicine, medical devices, public utilities, energy, work, and medical and dental necessities — as evidenced by duly issued barangay health pass or other legitimate proof to justify travel
According to the report, passengers who have booked flights with Cebu Pacific can postpone their travel up to two (2) hours before the departure schedule of their flight. The airline is calling on passengers to make sure they have complete travel requirements and have updated their contact details for notifications in case of changes.
Thank you for visiting Philnews.ph. You may express your thoughts and reactions below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel Philnews Ph.