Details About the Metro Manila Granular Lockdown Implementation
METRO MANILA GRANULAR LOCKDOWN – Malacañang gave an update on the localized lockdown to be implemented in the capital region.
All efforts are exerted on the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic as it continues to require a more intensified battle. The emergence of new variants of the disease undeniably makes it harder to contain.
In the Philippines, the Delta variant which is a variant of concern for its higher transmissibility rate was detected. According to the Department of Health (DOH), there are already local transmissions of the said variant in the country. Previously, the whole Metro Manila was placed under the strictest level of quarantine measure in the pursuit to prevent the spread of the Delta variant.
The Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) was implemented for two (2) weeks. After it, the capital region is under Modified ECQ until now.
Based on a report on ABS-CBN News, the Metro Manila granular lockdown will take place starting September 16, 2021. It is a localized lockdown that will allow more businesses to resume operation for the benefit of the economic health of the country.
According to Malacañang spokesman Harry Roque, the goal must be “total health” which requires a balanced consideration of the health of the people and the health of the economy. Under the Metro Manila granular lockdown, the alert level system will be implemented.
Cities will be under a quarantine measure that is based on the case transmission rate and the hospital occupancy. The localized lockdown will be imposed for at least 14 days.
Previously, DOH said that widespread lockdown may no longer be very effective in the current situation as people need to go out for work. The capital region is composed of 16 cities and is home to over 13 million people.
Thank you for visiting Philnews.ph. You may express your thoughts and reactions below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel Philnews Ph.