Liao Qiuyun of China has this reaction over the victory of Hidilyn Diaz bagging the gold medal in weightlifting.
HIDILYN DIAZ – Chinese weightlifter and world-record holder Liao Qiuyun has this reaction when Hidilyn Diaz snatched the gold in Tokyo Olympics.
Liao Qiuyun is a Chinese favorite and world record holder in weightlifting. But during the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, she was beaten by Philippine’s Hidilyn Diaz in the women’s 55-kilogram category who made 97-127-224 defeating her by 1 kilogram. Liao took the silver medal while Kazakhstan’s Zulfiya Chinshanlo took with her the bronze medal.
And placing second in the competition, the Chinese world record holder expressed her respect for Diaz for winning. She said, “I really respect Diaz as an opponent because she did the best she could, in fact, better than that and that is the ultimate. She did a better job and it is nice for all the people that were supporting her.”
Under Diaz’s belt is the silver medal in the women’s 53-kg weight division during the 2016 Summer Olympics and gold from Asian Games last 2018 which was held in Jakarta.
For bagging a gold medal in Olympics which the country has waited for over nine decades, she is set to enjoy the following rewards in return for her hard work and sacrifices to give pride to the country:
- ₱10 million from government through Republic Act 10699 or the National Athletes and Coaches Benefits and Incentives Act
- ₱10 million pledged by San Miguel Corporation President and CEO Ramon Ang
- ₱10 million pledged by business tycoon Manny Pangilinan through the MVP Sports Foundation
- ₱3 million pledged by Deputy Speaker Mikee Romero of 1-PACMAN Party-list
- ₱2.5 million from the local government of Zamboanga City, Diaz’s hometown
- ₱5 million cash and free fuel for life from Siklab Atleta Sports Foundation head and Phoenix Petroleum chair Dennis Uy
- ₱4-million house and lot at any PHirst Park Homes community of her choice from Century Properties
- ₱14-million residential condominium unit in Eastwood, Quezon City from Megaworld
- House and lot in Tagaytay from Philippine Olympic Committee President Bambol Tolentino
- Lifetime free flights from AirAsia
- 80,000 free miles per year for life from Philippine Airlines
Surely, there are a lot more rewards that await her when she returns to the country this Wednesday. She can have more incentives from various brands and a long list of endorsements. She just ended the 97-year Olympic gold medal drought of the Philippines.
- Hidilyn [Diaz] Awarding: Jinkee Pacquiao Accidentally Posted Wrong PH Flag Emoji
- Hidilyn [Diaz] On Bagging Olympics Gold Medal, Still In Disbelief
What can you say about this? Let us know!