Several Roads in Metro Manila Submerged in Floodwaters Due to Incessant Rains
Several roads along Metro Manila are not passable to light vehicles due to massive flooding caused by incessant rain.
On Wednesday (July 21, 2021), Typhoon Fabian enhanced the southwest monsoon brings an inclement weather condition over some parts of the country. Habagat brings heavy downpour in some areas along Metro Manila.
The incessant rains have caused flooding in several areas along Metro Manila. Some roads are already unpassable especially to light vehicles due to floodwaters. The high tide also contributes to the flooding.
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority has released the list of flooded areas.
- EDSA POEA SB – Gutter deep
- EDSA Boni SB – Gutter deep
- EDSA Ortigas split NB – Gutter deep
- EDSA J. Vargas NB – Gutter deep
- C5 Eastwood NB/SB – Gutter deep
- C5 J. Vargas NB.SB – Gutter deep
- C5 Ortigas SB – Gutter deep
- Roxas Blvd. Quirino svc road – Gutter deep
- Rizal Avenue Recto – Gutter deep
- Roxas Pedro Gil – Gutter deep
- Bonifacio drive 25th St. NB/SB – Gutter deep
The state weather bureau PAGASA has also raised Orange Warning over Metro Manila and Cavite indicating possible flooding due to the effects of enhanced southwest monsoon.
PAGASA also advised the residents of Bataan and Zambales to take precautionary measures after red rainfall warning has been raised.
Typhoon Fabian has maximum sustained winds of 130 kilometers per hour and gustiness of up to 160 kph. It has been last spotted at 740 kilometers east northeast of Itbayat, Batanes.
What can you say about the recent flooding? Just feel free to leave your comments and reactions to this article.