Minors Now Prohibited To Go Outside in Metro Manila Starting March 17 Due to Spike of COVID-19 Cases
Minors who were living in Metro Manila are not prohibited to go out of their houses starting on Wednesday (March 17).
On Tuesday (March 16, 2021), the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) announced that 17 Metro Manila mayors have agreed to ban minors to go outside of their homes for two weeks.
MMDA chairman Benhur Abalos Jr. said that they want to ban kids aging 18 years old and below from going outside due to the increasing number of coronavirus cases in the National Capital Region.
“We encourage everyone to strictly observe and practice the minimum health protocols, and be extra careful and follow stringent measures particularly when around vulnerable family members, as there have been reports of transmission among family members,” Abalos said.
The agency said that the Metro Manila Council is already drafting a resolution to impose the new measure for minors. Last month, the Metro Manila mayors allowed teenagers to go out as businesses reopen.
The government has declared the age restrictions in Metro Manila due to the sudden increase in the number of COVID-19 cases. Some hospitals were on their full capacity treating COVID-19 patients.
What can you say about the age restriction policy? Just feel free to leave your comments and reactions to this article.