What Is Aport? Definition And Usage Of This Term
WHAT IS APORT – In this topic, we are going to know and learn the definition of this term and how is this term used in sentences.
The Collins Dictionary defines the term as the following:
- on or towards the port side
- on or to the left, or port, side
- on or toward the port side
- on or toward the left side of a ship
Your Dictionary defines this term as the following:
- On or to the left, or port, side.
- (shipping) On the left side of the boat.
- movement on, or in the direction of, the left side of a ship.
- On or toward the port or left side of a ship.
Here are some of the following synonyms:
- nigh side
- hard to left
Here are some examples of the usage of this term:
- He threw the helm over, hard aport, the Snow Goose responding sluggishly.
- Aport is defined as movement on, or in the direction of, the left side of a ship.
- An example of aport is when the captain of the boat asks you to move to the left side of the ship.
- As an adverb, the term aport means on or toward the port or left side of a ship.