What Is Requisite? Definition And Usage Of This Term
WHAT IS REQUISITE – In this topic, we are going to know and learn the definition of this term and how is this term used in sentences.
The Oxford Dictionary defines the term as the following:
- made necessary by particular circumstances or regulations.
- a thing that is necessary for the achievement of a specified end.
Meanwhile, the Merriam-Webster dictionary defines this term as the following:
- needed for a particular purpose
Here are some of the following synonyms:
- essential requirement
It is a late Middle English, which is from the Latin term requisitus, which means ‘searched for, deemed necessary’, which is also a past participle of requirere.
Here are some examples of the usage of this term:
- But he was entirely without the weightier qualities requisite for such a part as he undertook to play in public affairs.
- The first requisite for electro-telegraphic communication between two localities is an insulated conductor extending from one to the other.
- A second coating is then laid on, and after it passes through a similar process of examination a third coating is applied, and so on until the requisite number is completed.
- Nomination or presentation on the part of the patron of the benefice is thus the first requisite in order that a clerk should become legally entitled to a benefice.