Albee Benitez financial struggles in Brightlight. Is it because of Piolo Pascual and Maja Salvador’s high talent fees?
PIOLO PASCUAL – Lolit Solis has this revelation about financial issues of Brightlight Productions and higher talent fees given to the artists.
Chairman and CEO of Brightlight Productions is a politician and businessman Albee Benitez. Several months ago, they bet “hundreds of millions” for six entertainment programs they released in just a span of weeks. It featured top-tier celebrities such as Korina Sanchez, Piolo Pascual, Maja Salvador, Catriona Gray, and others.
Such a move is something he also saw as giving job opportunities to numerous employees laid off following the shutdown of ABS-CBN. The shut down, as he said during an interview for Esquire, resulted to “tremendous supply of talent” as the Lopez-owned network has been letting go of talented people.
His company produced the following programs:
- Lunch Out Loud – a noontime show which features Billy Crawford, Alex Gonzaga, K Brosas, and Wacky Kiray
- Rated Korina – a magazine show hosted by seasoned broadcast journalist Korina Sanchez
- Oh My Dad – which starred Ian Veneracion, Dimples Romana, Sue Ramirez, Ariel Urieta, and Gloria Diaz
- Sunday ‘Kada – a comedy sketch show
- I Got You – a romantic drama series starring Beauty Gonzales, RK Bagatsing, and Yen Santos
- Sunday Noontime Live! – hosted by Piolo Pascual, Maja Salvador, Catriona Gray, Donny Pangilinan, and Jake Ejercito.
However, months after, two of the six programs ended such as the Sunday Noontime Live! and Sunday ‘Kada. The slots left by these programs are replaced by Kapamilya’s ASAP Natin ‘To and FPJ movies. And according to Lolit Solis, in one of her recent posts, Benitez, slowly realizing how it works in the industry, sent an SOS to Marivic Larrazabal.
According to the post, it said, “Kasi nga, hangga ngayon hindi maisip ni Papa Albee na siya na ang nalugi siya pa ang sinisisi at lumalabas na bad boy.”
Solis added that every businessman would like their businesses to prosper but is also just natural if they decided for it to be stopped if they’re not getting anything from it. Also, it such a disappointment to know that you’re paying your people way more than they are paid by their previous company.
Manay Lolit wrote, “Nagbabayad ng malaking salary sa mga employees niya si Papa Albee pero parang hindi niya nakuha ang protection dapat ibigay sa kanya, kaya hindi kataka taka na medyo disappointed siya at ngayon nga nag SOS na sa trusted niyang si Mama Marivic na siya ngayon naglatag ng mga nakita niyang loopholes sa mga programa ng Brightlight.”
The post also playfully mentioned a certain amount worth Php 300,000.00 salary monthl. This ignited speculations that this could be the amount Piolo Pascual and Maja Salvador have been receiving from working for them.
- Lolit Solis On Gretchen Barretto’s IG Story About Her: ‘Tawa ako ng tawa’
- Lolit Solis Makes Comparison Between Gretchen Barretto, Dawn Zulueta
What can you say about this? Let us know!