Update on Christine Dacera Case – Relief of Makati PNP Chief , 3 Other Offices Ordered by Sinas
CHRISTINE DACERA CASE – Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief Debold Sinas ordered the relief of Makati Police Chief Harold Depositar and 3 other officers.
In the first week of January 2021, the social media was taken by storm by the death of a 23-year-old flight attendant in a hotel in Makati. She was identified as Christine Angelica Dacera, an F.A. of the Philippine Airlines (PAL).
Dacera and her friends checked in to City Garden Grand Hotel in Makati City to spend the New Year together. Some of them have families that are living in another city and they were not able to go home.
The companions of Dacera said they were introduced by one of their friends to some people staying in another room. They had hard drinks and played some parlor games.
However, last January 1, Christine Dacera was rushed to Makati Medical Center. According to Rommel Galido, one of her friends, he found her unconscious in a bath tub.
The Makati Hospital declared Dacera dead on arrival. Investigations on the death of the flight attendant were lodged. The first autopsy determined ruptured aneurysm as the cause of her death but her family does not believe she died of a natural cause.
Recently, an update on the Christine Dacera case crossed the surface. Based on a report on ABS-CBN News, PNP Chief Debold Sinas ordered the relief of Makati Police Chief Col. Harold Depositar and three (3) other officers over alleged lapses on the handling of the case.
The other officers that Sinas ordered to be relieved were SPD medico legal chief Police Maj. Michael Nick Sarmiento and two (2) investigators of Makati PNP. According to the report, the relief of the four (4) officers in line with the Christine Dacera case was recommended by the Directorate for Investigation and Detective Management.
Sinas has already approved the recommendation but it has yet to be implemented. He previously said that its implementation will depend on Metro Manila police chief Police Brig. Gen. Vicente Danao Jr. Danao has yet to check on the recommendation but expressed that the decision will be based on the Makati Prosecutor’s Office’s preliminary investigation.
Thank you for visiting Philnews.ph. You may express your thoughts and reactions below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel Philnews Ph.