DOH Says Public Should Still Observe Health Standards Despite Having Vaccine
Department of Health (DOH) said Saturday, the public should still observe minimum health standards even though the vaccine for COVID-19 is already available.
The DOH warns the public not to be complacent and still follow public health standards even after the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccine arrives. Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire insisted that the vaccine is just a step to prevent infection.
“‘Yan ang aming pinaaalalahanan na hindi po por que may bakuna ay ‘wag na tayong mag-relax,” said at a public briefing .
“Kailangang maintindihan ng kababayan na kahit mayroon na tayong bakuna ay kailangan nang ituloy ang minimum public health standards,” she added.
The minimum health standards currently implemented include wearing face masks, face shields, physical distancing and limiting mass gatherings. According to Vergeire, LGUs will monitor the implementation of New Year’s lighting, which must comply with pandemic task force protocols.
“Ito ay pinagusapan sa IATF (inter-agency task force) at ang ating protocols sa minimum health standards ay enforced. At babantayan maigi ng ating local governments na walang crowd sa mga pailaw na ito,” Vergeire said.
So far, seven companies, including Pfizer, are in talks with the government about the vaccine. Philippine Ambassador to the United States Jose Manuel Romualdez also mentioned that Moderna and Arcturus are also ready to provide from 4 to 25 million doses of their vaccine.
Apart from the three companies, it also looks at Sputnik V of the Gamaleya Institute of Russia, and Sinovac, Sinopharm and CanSino of China. Romualdez, Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. had allegations. at Sen. Panfilo Lacson with a negligent official, allegedly to complete the negotiations with Pfizer, which should deliver 10 million doses in January.
What can you say about this article? Just feel free to leave your reactions in the comment section.