PAGASA Raises Signal Number 3 Over Catanduanes As Rolly Nears Bicol
PAGASA RAISES SIGNAL NUMBER 3 – Cantanduanes was placed under signal number 3 as Typhoon Rolly approaches the Bicol Region.
Last Thursday, PAGASA warned that Rolly might intensify as it nears the Philippines causing signals 3 and 4 to be raised in some parts of the country. Currently, Rolly is forecasted to make landfall over Catanduanes and the Camarines provinces due to its proximity to Bicol.
On Saturday, October 31, Rolly currently has maximum sustained winds of 215 kilometers per hour near the center. Meanwhile, it carries gusts of up to 265 kph. Furthermore, it’s moving southwestward at a speed of 20 kph. According to PAGASA a Super Typhoon is classified as a typhoon with wind speeds at least 220 kph.
Come Sunday, PAGASA expects Rolly to bring violent winds and intense rains over Catanduanes, Camarines Norte, and the northern parts of Camarines Sur. Meanwhile, Quezon, along with the southern portion of Aurora would be hit in the afternoon through evening.
The weather agency has also raised Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal in several areas:
Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal (TCWS) No. 2 (61 kph-120 kph winds in 24 hours):
- Central and southern portions of Quezon (Mauban, Sampaloc, Lucban, Candelaria, Dolores, Tiaong, San Antonio, Sariaya, Tayabas City, Lucena City, Pagbilao, Atimonan, Padre Burgos, Agdangan, Unisan, Plaridel, Gumaca, Pitogo, Macalelon, General Luna, Catanauan, Mulanay, San Francisco, San Andres, San Narciso, Buenavista, Lopez, Calauag, Guinayangan, Tagkawayan, Quezon, Alabat, Perez) including Polillo Islands
- Camarines Norte
- Camarines Sur
- Burias and Ticao Islands
- Northern Samar
Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal (TCWS) No. 1 (30 kph-60 kph winds in 36 hours):
- The rest of Masbate
- the rest of Quezon
- Occidental Mindoro including Lubang Island
- Oriental Mindoro
- Metro Manila
- Nueva Ecija
- La Union
- Nueva Vizcaya
- southern portion of Isabela (Aurora, Luna, Reina Mercedes, Naguilian, Benito Soliven, San Mariano, Palanan, Dinapigue, San Guillermo, Echague, San Agustin, Jones, Cordon, Santiago City, Ramon, San Isidro, Angadanan, Alicia, Cauayan City, Cabatuan, San Mateo)
- The northern portion of Samar (Tagapul-An, Almagro, Santo Niño, Tarangnan, Catbalogan City, Calbayog City, Santa Margarita, Gandara, Pagsanghan, San Jorge, Jiabong, Motiong, Paranas, San Jose de Buan, Matuguinao)
- the northern portion of Eastern Samar (Taft, Can-Avid, Dolores, Maslog, Jipapad, Arteche, Oras, San Policarpo)