What Is Connect? Definition And Usage Of This Term
WHAT IS CONNECT – In this topic, we will first know the definition of this term and how is this term used in sentences.
The Oxford Dictionary described this term as the following:
- bring together or into contact so that a real or notional link is established
- join together so as to provide access and communication
- link to a power or water supply.
- put (someone) into contact by telephone
- associate or relate in some respect.
- think of as being linked or related
- (of a thing) provide or have a link or relationship with (someone or something).
- form a relationship or feel an affinity
On the other hand, the Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines this term as the following
- to become joined
- to meet for the transference of passengers
- to transfer (as from one airplane to another) as a step in traveling to a final destination
- to make a successful hit, shot, or throw
- to have or establish a rapport
- to establish a communications connection
Here are some of the examples:
- It was only a matter of time before someone began to connect our tips
- He located the spot where his fangs would connect, but first he would rock her world
- We are building the Internet to connect with each other better, to share information, to collaborate, to offer mutual support, and so on.
- It is not practicable to connect each subscriber directly to all the others, hence a system of exchanges has been adopted.