Class Suspension Declared In These Areas For Monday (March 9, 2020)
WALANG PASOK – Several local government units have declared class suspension in different areas due to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
The Coronavirus Disease or also known as the Novel Coronavirus (nCoV) has become the headlines of local and international news outlets as it continues to spread in different countries all around the world.
The deadly virus has already infected thousands worldwide and killed thousands of people. The health scare is also causing fear and panic to the public since the disease could be easily transmitted from one person to another.
The Philippines is already implementing precautionary measures to prevent the spread of the disease in the country. Last week, the authorities confirmed the first local case of coronavirus in the country after a 59-year-old woman in Cainta tested positive of the virus.
On Monday (March 9, 2020), several local government units have declared the cancellation of classes as a precautionary measure against the spread of the virus after four new confirmed cases have been recorded last weekend.
Here is the list of areas covered by the suspension of classes:
- Marikina City – All levels, public and private (until Wednesday, March 11)
- Navotas City – All levels, public and private
- Pasay City – All levels, public and private (until Tuesday, March 10)
- Quezon City – Bagong Lipunan Crame Elementary School and High School
- San Juan City – All levels, public and private
- Cainta, Rizal – All levels, public and private (until Tuesday, March 10)
- Taytay, Rizal – All levels, public and private
This is a developing story, just visit this website frequently or refresh the page for further updates.
What can you say about this? Just feel free to leave your comments and reactions to this article.